My lovely Eternal Companion is in Utah this week, working with my favorite daughter on her wedding plans. I came home to work. (You get the connection.)
Life around here without Mom is a little bit different than normal. It is just me and the high-schooler. When the cat’s away… the mice get downright boring.
Things I don’t do when my EC is away:
- Make the bed.
- Push the buttons down on my soda cup lid to identify which drink is mine.
- Eat balanced meals.
- Turn on all the lights “so it looks like someone lives here.”
- Open blinds “so it looks like someone lives here.”
- Ask her to repeat herself because I wasn’t paying attention.
- Tryout new hairstyles.
- Remember to remind Ryan to check the dog’s water.
- Go to QT. (Circle K is cheaper.)
Things I DO when she’s away:
- Wander around the house at night because I can’t sleep.
- Squeegee the shower. (She has me trained pretty well.)
- Unplug the landline phone.
- Watch recorded TV shows, then pretend I waited for her.
- Text her repeatedly asking her “What are you doing now?”
- Park on her side of the garage.
- Dig out the old superhero outfit and run around at night protecting the community.
- Use paper plates and cups when not eating out of a wrapper.
- Listen to loud music when I’m showering and getting ready.
- Work more hours.
- Go to food places she doesn’t like. (Today, Wendy’s, but I am now boycotting them because the did away with the spicy chicken nuggets.)
- Accidentally broadcast myself on Facebook Live.
I prefer normal.